Overall responsibility and accountability for the manufacturing function, which will include people and budgetary management. Be a part of the management team which determines all business decisions and holds strategic and tactical responsibility for implementing manufacturing strategy and strategic operational goals to exceed customer expectations for product quality, cost and delivery, maximizing efficiency, optimizing production levels and driving operational excellence.
- Create and implement best practice manufacturing vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities.
- Initiate and develop creative and innovative manufacturing processes.
- Coordinate team activities to optimize cost performance of the plant through capital investment programmes, optimizing operating working capital usage and minimizing waste through the development of a continuous improvement culture encompassing lean principles and clear strategic development.
- Develop and manage master production schedule and operations budgets for products to directly support and ensure that the product is delivered to agreed cost, quality and timelines.
- Plan and execute maintenance activity to ensure plant is kept safe and compliant.
- Provide design for manufacturing input at early stages in the new product development process, coordinating with and supporting the new product development team to implement new and revised designs and developing effective processes to ensure manufacturability of product while maintaining quality, safety and environmental standards and achieving cost targets .
- Provide leadership to departments under control and coach, mentor and develop direct reports and manage a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions.
- Report on Manufacturing activities on a regular basis to the Senior Management team, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of the relevant Key Performance Indicators.
- BSc and MSc Degree in Manufacturing / Engineering from a reputed university with minimum 15 years of industrial experience in a related manufacturing industry. MBA can be considered in the Absence of an MSc.
- Must have exposure in an ISO environment and been one of the team members as an internal auditor for ISO standards.
- Six Sigma / Black belt preferred.
- Experience in an ERP system such as SAP is a must.
- Commercially and financially astute with experience of managing budgets.
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development.
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders and suppliers.
An attractive remuneration package and excellent career prospects are on offer to the right candidate. Please forward your CV with contact details of two non-related referees.
Interested candidates can apply online or email your CV to [email protected]