Our client is looking for a qualified Business Analyst with 5+ years of experience to join their team in Sri Lanka. Our client is a major government agency in urban mobility and infrastructure management. This organization is at the forefront of developing and maintaining a vast network of roads, bridges, and public transit systems, ensuring efficient and safe travel for the community.
The primary responsibility of this role is to identify, define, and manage requirements for software development for our enterprise client. This individual should have a strong aptitude for conducting research on systems and businesses and coming up with innovative software solutions. Experience with requirements management and familiarity with software development in an agile setting is required. The candidate will work with our overseas business/end users, technology partners, executive management, engineers, and quality assurance staff.
This position will define the business requirements and technology-independent processes for technology solutions that meet the needs for various business areas and will bridge the gap between the business customer and the technology solution providers (e.g. development team, infrastructure team and vendors).
- Create and own the product roadmap and own the process of building from start to finish to bring new products and services to life, partnering directly with our engineering teams, partners and client organizations.
- Performs feasibility analysis, develops BRD, FRD, Use Cases, User Stories and RTMs.
- Work with the development team to organize and prioritize deliverables; plan and implement project schedules and negotiate on product functionalities.
- Should be an excellent communicator between stakeholders and the development team.
- Examine existing IT systems and business models; analyze business improvement and re-engineer processes.
- Provide successful collaboration within a team environment to promote product quality, innovation, development, create and optimize customized solutions.
- Ability to build proof of concepts via prototypes and launch new initiatives and implement various stages in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Plan, supervise and document testing schedules for complete system functionalities.
- Conduct in-depth evaluations of prospective projects for feasibility, identify risks, estimate costs and schedules.
- Serve as a liaison between Operations and IT to assist and gather business requirements needed for system modifications, enhancement and implementations.
- Create and maintain project knowledge bases, issue logs, meeting minutes, meeting schedules, project summaries and updates.
- Meet with the project team regularly to review project deliverables and deadlines.
- Collaborate closely with developers to implement the requirements and provide necessary guidance to testers during the QA process.
- Be responsible for the knowledge transfer of business requirements to the application/database developers and project managers.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly reviews and analysis of current processes using operational metrics and reports.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Software Engineering, Business Information Systems or equivalent qualifications related to the field.
- A post graduate qualification in Business Management, Statistics, Economics or Management Accountancy will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience as a Business Analyst / Product Manager / Product Owner.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with experience in managing clients.
- Prior experience with agile development processes is a must. Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certifications will be highly advantageous.
- Proficiency in project/Agile management tools (JIRA, Redmine, etc.) and prototyping/wireframing tools.
- Understanding of cloud-based product development practices and the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- A strong exposure to project management is expected.
- Must have proficiency with SQL and Microsoft Excel.
Interested candidates can apply online or email your CV to [email protected]